How The Hell Did You Do That?
It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done. -Vincent van Gogh
Lately, cake is life. I'm averaging about two a week. It may not seem like much, but add in my affinity for perfection and control, and next thing you know I've spent three hours making a life-like guitar out of gumpaste. When I get a cake order the first things I ask are, "When do you need it, for how many people, and what kind of design do you have in mind?". After a brief panic, and a recreation of Kevin Bacon's Footloose dance in an abandoned warehouse, I get to planning. I have several sites and blogs that I have been following for many years. I consider these women to be highly inspirational.
For Recipes and the Love of Cake:
- Sweetapolita.com -My all time favorite site for delicious recipes, gorgeous photography, and an all around dreamy mise-en-scène.
- SprinkleBakes.com -Another go-to site for seriously amazing recipes, and the site from which I adapted my white cake recipe.
- TheCakeBlog.com -A highly inspirational site filled with high end recipes, tutorials, and ways to set a party table!
For Crafts, DIY, and Party Ideas:
- OhHappyDay.com -An amazing site full of ideas for events, parties, and weddings. Also, tons of Do-It-Yourself projects!
- WeddingChicks.com -A great site for brides, and event planners. Tons of Do-It-Yourself projects. This is the site I used to make my FREE wedding invitations. I have referred many people to this site, including my 80 year old grandmother when she needed wedding invitations for her upcoming nuptials (yes it was the cutest thing ever seeing my GG find love at 80).
- KarasPartyIdeas.com -Be careful with this one! You will spend hours looking at all the different party ideas, and pictures! Great site to spark your creativity!
So as I head into this week's projects (a robot baby shower cake, and a surprise party cake), I'll leave you with a song from a band that breeds my creativity. No hair metal today, just sweet, sweet indie love!